Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Mask That I Wear
I seem to be like a hummingbird that is tiny and fast
But really I am a hawk that is powerful and bold
I may seem like a pen that is strong and flowing
But really I am a pencil, wooden and frail
I seem to be like a novel, complex and serious
But really I am a children’s book, free and amusing
I seem to be like a butterfly, fragile but stunning
But I am truly a moth, annoying and playful
I may seen like a beach that is sunny and relaxing
But really I am a plain, flat and empty
I may act like a lily, smooth and inspiring
But inside I am a rose, thorny yet beautiful
I may seem like a piranha that is fierce and feared
But really I am a guppy, friendly and bright
I may be seen as a weed, unwanted and sneaky
But truly I am a tree, blooming and flourishing

I love the way I am and I am so blessed that God made me this way

8 comments:

  1. This poem is very powerful and descriptive. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. inspiring title the seriousness of it really pulls the reader in

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you call this 'The Mask that I Wear' because that makes it really distinguishes between yourself and what people see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really loved your poem. You word choices were great, too. All in all, it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete